August 23, 2010

Favourites from the Noir-family’s SS11 collections

Bllack Noir

Even though black is a favourite colour of mine I didn’t like Bllack Noir’s collection. The cuts were off, and a bad attempt at designing the suits Frida Giannini style was simply pathetic. Which is a pity, cause I like the label’s big sister, Noir – also its SS11 collection.

To be fair, I must mention a well-cut black dress and a white (or slightly blue?) shirt from Bllack Noir. See the pictures underneath.

Shoes: no-go. Dress: okay.
A nicely cut shirt.
Noir


Muuuuch better than the Bllack collection. Noir showed black, white-, grey-, and beige-nuanced pieces, rocking its traditional leather, but also mixing in feminine lace in the SS11 collection.

Don’t forget the ethical aspect of the brand that is very aware of sustainable production and gets its fabrics from Third World countries with ethical certification. As Peter Ingwersen, the founder of Noir and Illuminati II, puts it himself: “We want to be known as the first brand to bring sophistication and sexiness to corporate social responsibility.” Source: CopenhagenFashionWeek.com.

The shape of the skirt makes me think of Giambattista Valli, a master of dress-, skirt-, and coat-shapes. No one is as good as shaping clothes as him, but Noir’s version is approved.

I like the contrast of the leather and the lace, but I wouldn’t wear this outfit myself – even if my nipples weren’t showing! Then again, I am not blessed with hips/thighs suitable for legging-tight pants unless they’re dark denim.

Almost de la Renta-esque skirt. Love it!

Photo credit: CopenhagenFashionWeek.com

No comments:

Post a Comment