August 18, 2010

I can’t draw – or what?

The sketches that designers do in the making of their collections are always amazing and a great inspiration for me! Therefore, it makes me really sad to face the fact that I normally suck at drawing, and sometimes I try to draw sketches and to copy stuff from fashion magazines on paper to improve my drawing skills.
To further advance my skills I took an Introduction to Drawing course at Central Saint Martins in 2009, where my instructor, the artist Guy Noble, did a GREAT job at encouraging me and helping me getting the most out of the course.

Here are some of my drawings that I don’t think suck so much. Some of them I’ve done without guidance and some of them were drawn under the guidance of my tutor at CSM. Please let me know what you think of them. - And sorry for some of the pictures' bad quality.


This sketch is drawn with inspiration from a British Vogue, as far as I remember. Sorry for the weird faces around it.


This drawing was just supposed to be a random face, but it turned out looking like Brit model Agyness Deyn (I think it’s the jaw line that does it).
This drawing is done in willow charcoal, and is a drawing of a life model who came to the studio at CSM. I got a lot of compliments on this one.



Another drawing of the girl whose face is on the former picture. The ass in her face ISN’T there for a purpose.

I love the fact that a few lines on a paper can create the image of a person. Sketch from CSM.

No comments:

Post a Comment